Some of the most important health benefits of kaffir lime leaves include its ability to promote oral health, detoxify the blood, boost skin health, improve digestion, lower inflammation, aid the immune system, reduce stress, and improve the health of the hair.
Kaffir limes is the common name of Citrus hystrix, a tropical fruit that is native to various parts of Asia, including Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines. Aside from its many culinary uses, due to its uniquely tart and pleasant flavor, kaffir lime is also highly respected in herbal medicine, due to its high content of beneficial organic compounds that can positively affect the body’s systems. The oil, leaves, fruit, and rind of kaffir limes are all utilized for different purposes. You’ll often find kaffir limes being used in soups and sauces, such as Tom Yum soup, particularly the leaves, which are frequently utilized in Thai cooking. The leaves and rind are so powerful, however, that they can often overwhelm the flavor of the dish.
This strong flavor is due to the high concentration of alkaloids, citronellol, limonene, nerol, and other organic compounds in kaffir limes. Not only do these provide the unique aroma and flavor, but also the wide range of health benefits.
– Promotes good oral health and eliminate harmful bacteria that can build up in the mouth.
Digestive Issues (helps with constipation, hemorrhoids, gastric ulcers)
– The constituents are anti-inflammatory in nature, and they are also stimulating for the digestive system.
– Packed with antioxidants
– May help with breakdown of cells and minimize the appearance of age marks, scars, and pimples
– May help with rheumatism
– May help with arthritis
– May help with edema
– May help with gout
– May help with headache
– May help with migraine
– May help with dandruff
– May help strengthen hair follicles
– May help improve hair shine
Detoxify the blood:
– May help to eliminate foreign agents or the pathogens in our blood
– May help with lymphatic and liver system to remove the foreign and dangerous substances